Saturday, March 20, 2010

Goodbye Eutopia, Maybe we'll meet again...


You are beautiful. SO beautiful. I'm sure many have used that word to describe you. But beauty does not encapsulate what you behold. It's much more than that. I thought about using the word Eden, but that is so biblical. And if you believe in God (and I do), then this may be the closest place to what's been described in scripture. Eden. Is this where we go when we die? No. I don't think there's a place on Earth that is comparable to Heaven or Paradise, but if He intended to create something close to it, it would be you. So, I decided on a word that best describes your idyllic beauty.

Eutopia
"a place in which human society, natural conditions, etc. are so ideally perfect that there is complete contentment."
-dictionary.com

Who is this "you" that I speak of? In this moment I feel like Shakespeare, perched on this cushioned micro-fiber couch looking out the glass windows in this house that reflect luscious greenery. The rain is pouring now, but in this so-called eutopia of mine, the drops of sulfuric acid are calming. Serenity surrounds me. The fresh air, the free-spirited people; have you ever been here?

I'm sure all of you have been to a place on this Earth that you consider your own personal Eutopia. Maui is mine. I'm IN LOVE. And it's not with a man, but mother nature and what she's created. Yes, I'm giving the woman some credit.

Today is my last day in Maui. I'm sad to say goodbye...sad that this feeling of "complete contentment" can't last forever. Why does it have to be temporary? Only for a week? Is that all we get in this life? Two weeks of vacation a year? All of us hard-working Americans, putting in 40-60 hours (some of you more) a week at work and we get two weeks to call our own? If that's what I get (for now), then I've soaked up every hour, minute and moment of this peacefulness. Away from the rat race that awaits me at home. The rat race, that I've come to realize, I've grown addicted to. I'm just reflecting my friends. Give me a day or two, I'll be back to my normal self again. Working late, obsessing over my news stories...for now though, I'm enjoying the purity. I wonder if I'd still feel like this if I lived here? Or is it beautiful and peaceful because I'm away from it all? I suppose that's what our personal Eutopia is: our paradise, away from the hustle-bustle of the city on the other side.

Damn this place is gorgeous in every way. Amazing is another word...

That's all for now! I'll be back to post pictures, etc.

5 comments:

nephite blood spartan heart said...

Have a good time, I loved playing in Hawaii last time I was there but hated working there-long story.

Gavin2838 said...

I knew u went to claim it as u're own. Maybe I haven't been there, YET!`
smizzle drizzle

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

You forgot Andrew Jackson’s Big Block of Cheese with nary a macaroni in sight.

Karla said...

How do I get Ninevah Dinha to hang out with Karla Kay, and be her personal friend ? I love her wonderful way with making my attitude much cheerier. Karla Kay Watson