Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Lipstick on a Pig.


Lipstick. It could possibly qualify as an obsession. For me anyway. In fact, I may wear too much of it sometimes. My color of choice no matter how many times I try to venture away from it is PINK. I love lipstick. And lately, LIPSTICK is becoming the new buzz word in the political arena. Who would have thought that a colorful cosmetic could have so much impact?

We all heard Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin say the only difference between a hockey mom and a pitbull is lipstick. Enter Barack Obama. The Senator and Presidential hopeful told a crowd today "You can put lipstick on a pig" (insert giggles and clapping here)..."It's still a pig. You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change. It's still going to stink after eight years."

Insert outrage and backlash here. You guessed it. The McCain camp came out swinging. McCain's campaign says it was "offensive and disgraceful." Say your sorry he says. Obama's response? He wasn't referring to Palin when he made the comment about LIPSTICK ON A PIG. Maybe he was calling McCain a pig?

You decide. Personally, I find it comical (oink, oink). Thanks for giving me something to blog about. Now let's focus on the real issues.

In case you missed it...

No comments: